Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fragrance Review: Perfect Bliss Perfume Oil

I seem to be on a roll with perfume oils. Today I have been enjoying the scent of a light and lovely perfume oil named, happily, Perfect Bliss. Perfumer Sarah Horowitz-Thran created this fragrance to reflect the mesmerizing scent of the floral arrangements at her November 2002 wedding.

This fragrance features:

  • top notes of blood orange, mango, and papaya

  • a middle accord of gardenia, rose, tuberose, and lily

  • and base notes of vanilla, patchouli, cedar and musk


Wearing this fragrance is like going on a tropical mini-vacation. Just closing my eyes and sniffing, I could practically hear the sounds of the island birds chirping and the palm trees whispering in the breeze!

The top notes give off a quick fruity blast, followed by the sweet delicacy of the white flowers. The soft musk/woodsy accord gives it a solid depth. My only complaint is that this fragrance disappeared far too quickly. I was hopeful that being oil-based, rather than alcohol-based, it might linger for hours. This was not the case. I had to reapply several times throughout the day to keep it detectable on my skin. Having said that, this would be a good fragrance to wear on a hot summer day, or when you just want to be carried away on a dream of Tahitian flowers!

This perfume oil is available at fragrances and more. Cost: $40 for 1/8 oz roll-on.
photo source: fragrances and more

No comments: